Monday, August 19, 2013

Marissa Mayer-- What She Predicts for the Fall Season!




I think it’s kind of funny to watch the whole Yahoo fiasco. I mean.... it was up and it was down. It seemed destined for bankruptcy and then all of a sudden people began to wonder if maybe it would get that miraculous turnaround that it so desperately needed with Marissa Mayer. And then, it was almost like all of my favorite publications suddenly all turned into a bad re-run of People magazine-- there were snarky comments about her parenting style, what she stood for as the figurehead for working women everywhere, and even comments on the types of charities that she supported and the types of designers that she supports. I mean really people. What next? You’re going to start reporting news on how Britney Spears taught her iPhone how to recognize “Y’all”? I really don’t care about that.

I could care less about what she wears. She can wear a meat suit like Lady Gaga if she wants as long as she pulls my stock out of the hole that it's in right now. 

For all of the feelings that I have around Yahoo, I have to say that Marissa Mayer is still a positive change from what it was before. No matter your feelings about Yahoo in the future, they’ve been buying up a ton, investing heavily in mobile, and are trying to recreate and revitalize their business into more of a portal-based strategy-- much like how they were viewed when they first got into the game. 

For some fun charts and graphs.... read the BusinessWeek article “Can Marissa Mayer Save Yahoo?”

No comments:

Post a Comment