Thursday, May 29, 2014

Where Mobile Payments Meets Life

Me and a couple of my really cool friends are into mobile payments (I'm not alone!). So, when we have life crises that we need to talk about we often revert to where we are most comfortable. It's the best way for us to express our emotions. Well, not actually, but we tried to imagine what it would be like if that really was how do conducted ourselves in life... and I thought ensued was pretty funny. They even suggested that I should make a new blog that would be "Ms Cleo meets mobile payments"...Some excerpts:


J:  no no
tomorrow is fine
also I need to ask your opinion on some stuff
not mobile payments related

me:  oh ok
are you sure?
becuse i do have an opinion on that
im sure.

 J:  ha
it would be funny if you turned it into mobile payments
"So I'm really having a hard time with my life. I don't know what to do."
"Well J...merchants didn't know what to do when they couldn't afford a credit card processor."
"Then square came along."
 Sent at 12:10 AM on Thursday

 me:  lol
i am totally going to do that

 J:  "Ninny. I don't know what to do. I'm totally in love with this girl, but she is married and has a kid."
"You know what that sounds like?"
"Paypal"
"Ebay was in love with PayPal although PayPal was already tied to other systems, but Ebay did what it thought was right and married PayPal."
 Sent at 12:14 AM on Thursday

 me:  lol
omg
ISIS
"sometimes shit just doesnt work out in the beginning, but then, you know, you keep the right partners around you and before you know it, well-- it still maybe wont work out, but you'll feel better"
 Sent at 12:16 AM on Thursday

 J:  haha
I'm going to email this convo to [our other friends]
 
 And finally our response from our friends was:
 
"I'm trying to make a better life for me and my kid but the past keeps coming back to haunt me. How do I move on?"

"You know P, when I have those dark moments and I need direction, I always think - what would Google Wallet do? Would they partner with a couple banks to try out their product in the mass-market, or would they make it an Android-exclusive service that's more focused on helping you manage your loyalty cards than replacing the plastic in your wallet? If you think about it like that, life makes a lot sense."

"Um...ok."
 
I don't know if this is there way of telling me I'm heartless, or if they're just excited that I'm nerdy like them. Regardless, I am constantly reminded about how lucky I am to have people like this in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment