Saturday, May 10, 2014

Fun Charts and Graphs

I'm out in Vegas right now for a business trip, and man is it hot out here! ANYway, here's a roundup of some fun charts ad graphs that I've seen recently:


So here's an interesting article from Bloomberg about the trends of business schools. Two of the biggest ones, Wharton and HBS, have seen a decline in the number of students who are interested in going to investment banking-- interesting because they are traditionally "finance" schools, but extra interesting because the industry choice that's taken its place is technology. This shocks me only because I kind of expected that the runner-up would more likely be consulting than technology, but hey....yay for my industry!

There's also this fun interactive chart (also from Bloomberg...I'm a sucker for a slider, I have to be honest) that shows the change in unemployment rates between 2009 and 2014. Unemployment, especially in the more urban areas, has hit lows of less than 5%, which is kind of shocking. Surprises? The midwest. 


Here's an interesting map from McKinsey that details the flow of goods, services, finances, people, data and information. Not surprising? The US usually makes up the fat line in pretty much all of these scenarios. Surprising? Not nearly as much activity from China as one would expect....

I'm such a sucker for graphs and stuff....

No comments:

Post a Comment