Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Life Is Not Exactly Rocket Science


What should I be doing right now? Sleeping, doing homework, studying for my finals or writing my final papers. What am I doing right now? Ordering new glasses (because I lost mine), doing half-ass yoga (I haven't talked to my best friend in like, a month, and she doesn't mind it when I mouth-breathe into the phone as long as I can recap how my life is) and reading about loggerhead turtles. Why? Because, well. Turtles. Also, because I'm a second year business school student. Which, if I may make such a bold statement, is pretty much like having senioritis in high school, except you can drink now.

So you can't really laugh and lightheartedly call them "senioritis spasms" or whatever. Because, technically, they're really more like, "well-intentioned benders" or "brief expressions of your love of drinking" if you're feeling particularly artsy about it.

ANYway, I'm late to the game but Wired released their "101 signals" list late last year (August 2013, I know, I know I'm stretching the definition of "late last year", but it makes me feel better) which covers the 101 most interesting blogs and channels for a variety of categories like science, design, government, etc. I'm a big fan of most of them, I think it's a pretty effective way to get my news and learn new things, and I've remembered now how much I like Digg.

Also, I have it to thank because now I know that, until recently, baby sea turtles disappeared for years between hatching, crawling into the ocean (palm sized) and then re-emerging years later with shells that were up to 2 feet wide. And now we've chipped them with solar-powered, acrylic-sealed adhesive GPS locators, and now we know that they potentially hitch rides on floating temporary landmasses. So. Yup. Turtles. At my new favorite blog: Phenomena: Not Exactly Rocket Science.

No comments:

Post a Comment