Friday, April 4, 2014

Why Bitcoin Terrifies Me

And I'm back!! Apologies for the disappearance internets, but I was up to some shenanigans. There were trials, there were tribulations, and there was not-very-pretty open weeping. So there's that. So Bitcoin. People are loving this bitcoin business huh? Even though there has been multiple crashes  and the true identity of the Bitcoin founder has been released, people are lovin' it. (Like a digital McDonald's version of crypto-currency.)

I get it. There is definitely a need for some sort of digital currency to pay for the digital things that we do in this digital age. There is an additional bonus for the fact that it's a pretty anonymous platform, where I don't have to tell people that I'm working with my real name and my real identity and all of this is secured pretty well in some server that may or may not be penetrated any minute. Overall, there's security concerns-sure, but there's a lot here that I like because it's providing a freer version (more anonymous, faster, more flexible) of currency. But whatever this futuristic currency is going to be, I have very large doubts that it's going to be Bitcoin.

Because then they decided to accept DogeCoins.  What's Doge? This is Doge. I rest my case.

No comments:

Post a Comment