Wednesday, January 15, 2014

4 Lifeguards Make More than the $109K Median Income in Newport Beach, CA


 I read this article on Bloomberg today.  It made me depressed that the MEDIAN INCOME is $109K and that the normal home price there is $1.5M. Seriously?!

And I'm over here like a shmuck trying to pay for business school at the lousy tune of $160K for two years. It's practically a deal! Or, on the flip side, two years of school could have been foregone to provide me with ~1/12 or the way to a smaller bungalow in Newport Beach. Poor life choices.

They keep making it sound like privatization of municipal services is some awful thing, but I'm actually okay with it. Privatization has been proven to result in overall increases in efficiency, lower costs and higher quality of services.

Also, how the hell are we saving 800 people a year on the beach?

No comments:

Post a Comment